Catherine still has a tube in her nose so I took a profile shot so you can see how great she looks! When we get rid of the ND tube we can have a full photo shoot so you can really see how well she’s doing. Plan is to start nutrition in a couple of hours assuming she keeps breathing well. Fly Catherine fly!!!
We’re trying to get Catherine off the ventilator today. She’s not breathing as consistently as she needs to so it’s taking longer than I hoped. It’s amazing to me what a frustrating cycle this creates in me. Maybe her, too. I really want to get her off though because I saw Dr Miller get quite concerned with how little nutrition she’s had and the effect that will have on wound healing. So now I have something new to think about. And we really need her off the vent so she can get some nutrition. Anyone popping in to read today – prayers for breath would be good.
They’re closing!!!! We will see surgeon in about 45 mins or so and I will send an update as soon as I can afterward. Not 100% out of the woods but oh so close….
Your sister is in the very best hands in the world – literally. I thought you would like to see a photo of them wheeling her toward the OR. They took her in at 11:01 and we will let you know when she is out with a super straight spine. Everyone here thinks you are amazing and the best sister in the world to Catherine. Couldn’t agree more Little Bear! We love you!!!!
I have found the way doctors round to be amusing. They all stand behind mobile computer stands that look a little like segweys to me. We can’t even see the doctors’ faces most of the time. The first day I asked them about it and they turned the screens. Today they seemed to have forgotten all that. It’s a wall of talking monitors 🙂
Dr Miller decided to close early because Catherine’s blood pressure dropped too low. She is fine now after some meds to bring it back up and she is heading to the ICU. They will spend the weekend investigating why it dropped as they do not have a clear reason now which is why he decided to close. He was about 1/3rd through the procedure. He is tentatively thinking he would try again Tues or Wed.
I know this is difficult to read. And I am keeping it short as we are heading to ICU. Will let you know more when we do. Until then – please see the title of the blog. Aptly named 🙂
Prayers are still good!
Ellen, Brian, Catherine and Sarah